We love our sponsors! We chatted with Doug Bates of Clark Partington, and Immediate Past Chair of the Business Law Section
1. What services does your firm provide?
At Clark Partington we are a full-service business law firm. With four offices between Pensacola and Tallahassee, we provide a range of services to individuals and businesses along the Gulf Coast. In addition to real estate, corporate, transactional, litigation and dispute resolution services, our estate planning team handles all manner of services for individuals.
2. What is your name? Douglas Alan Bates
3. What is your position/role in the firm? Shareholder
4. What do you see as the greatest economic challenge in your industry right now?
Rapid change, particularly in the area of technology, continues to provide lawyers and law firms with countless opportunities for innovation, growth, and development. We continue to find new ways to utilize improvements in technology to provide more efficient client service.
5. What are the top 3 things that you would want the BLS membership to know about working with your firm?
Clark Partington lawyers are hardworking, responsive, and grateful for the opportunity to serve the needs of our clients. We genuinely love what we do and are excited to provide legal services.
6. Is there anything else that you would like to add?
At the end of July, Clark Partington was proud to be recognized for the 2nd consecutive year by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s Best Companies To Work For (Top 100). We are grateful for this continued recognition, and feel that it reflects our team’s dedication to living its brand promise – to do the right thing, at the right time, every time, for every client we serve.
Fun Facts About You:
1. What led you to become an attorney? My father, Philip Bates, set a wonderful example of the lasting impact a first-class attorney can make in
the lives of other people. He has always conducted himself with the highest level of professionalism, and has earned the respect of his peers. I have always looked up to him, and always tried to follow his example.
2. What advice would you give to new attorneys?
Be patient. Listen. Ask great questions.
3. What is your favorite way to spend your weekends?
Anything that involves my wife and four children. For me, there is nothing better than laughter around a full dinner table.
4. Who is one of your role models and why?
Nolan Ryan – major league pitcher. To me, he has always seemed calm, confident, and unbreakable.
5. What are some of your hobbies?
Fishing, coaching youth sports, and playing golf, all of which I can do with my children. My wife and I enjoy traveling to new places, hiking and skiing, and attending a good show or symphony performance.